- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Edinburgh
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of the Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of the British Bariatric Surgical Society (BOMSS)
- Member of International Federation of Surgery for Obesity (IFSO)
- Gastric Balloons
- Gastric Band
- Gastric Sleeve
- Gastric Bypass
For the last 32 years Mr Shamsi El-Hasani has mainly specialised in upper gastrointestinal, gallbladder, hernia and weight loss surgery. Mr El-Hasani has long and structured training in laparoscopic/keyhole approach to surgery.
Mr El-Hasani has so far performed in excess of 1600 laparoscopic gastric bands, 800 laparoscopic gastric bypass, 200 endoscopic insertion of gastric balloon. Also he performs regularly laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and undertakes the management of revisional bariatric surgery.
Mr El-Hasani is closely involved in the surgical management of type 2 diabetes and he has recent international publication in this field.