To Jog or To Dance- That is the Cardio Question
Are you bored of your workout routine? Why not try a dance workout!
You might think of dancing as something you just do on a night out with friends. While dancing is a great way to unwind and have fun, it has so many other benefits, too.
Dancing is a whole-body workout that’s actually fun. It’s good for your heart, it makes you stronger, and it can help with balance and coordination. A 30-minute dance class burns between 130 and 250 calories, about the same as jogging (However it varies due to factors such as body weight, size, composition, sex, age etc).
Whether it is a Zumba class or an at home dance workout- dancing is great for losing weight, maintaining strong bones, improving posture and muscle strength, increasing balance, co-ordination and the benefits of dancing are greater than any other form of exercise in helping to ward off anxiety and depression. In comparison to jogging which mostly targets the lower body muscles.
Dancing can be a high-or low-impact workout depending on the style of dancing. So depending on what stage you are at there is a dance workout for you!
Whether you want to attend classes in a fitness studio or work out from the comfort of your own home, dance is a workout that you can do whenever and wherever! Dancing can be a social activity that can be enjoyed by many people, whereas jogging tends to be a solo activity. By joining a dancing class or working out with other people can also help develop your social skills and is a great way to meet new people. Dance is a good way to get everyone involved. Whether you’re dancing with your friends or your kids- there is a routine for everyone to get involved!
It is important to regularly switch up your workout routine so that it starts to become something you look forward to and not resent.
Listed below are some great dance workout routines that we’d love for you to try:
- 15 MIN HAPPY DANCE WORKOUT – burn calories and smile / No Equipment I Pamela Reif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw-Wt4xKD2s
- TikTok Dance Party 2021| Club Bangers Mix | Low Impact, No Equipment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63BLmLL_pN4
- JUICE – Lizzo – Dance Fitness – Plus Size Fitness Instructor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IewCb_mCvQ
- 2000s HITS DANCE FITNESS WORKOUT FOR ALL LEVELS | THE STUDIO BY JAMIE KINKEADE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljo2jb-ZY-M
- THE GREATEST SHOWMAN CARDIO/DANCE WORKOUT! || NO jumping! || Part 2! || Guarenteed good mood!!💃 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1aNnvWtOlM.
- 8-Minute Low Impact Dance Workout for Seniors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O25sBxbf7U
- 15 MIN DANCE PARTY WORKOUT – 2000’s hits part 2 (Full Body/No Equipment) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Pbt3-KVek
- Fun Low Impact Dance Workout | Beginner | Seniors | NO JUMPING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BsOEjIy7eg
- AFRICAN DANCE WORKOUT 20 min (FUN!!) | Afrifitness | No equipment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6zzaGkwOY